BEC 2018-2019 Executive Board Nominations now open!
Nominations for the 2018-2019 BEC Executive Board are now open! You can view the current nominations and position descriptions here.
The election will be held on April 5th, 2018 at 7 pm (location is pending). If you have any questions about the positions, please reach out to current E-Board members to set up a meeting (via email or slack). Here is an overview of the elections process:
- You can be nominated for multiple positions, but there is no slating, meaning you must declare all the positions you are running for before nominations close.
- We will start with President, then move to VP of Communications, then VP of Programs, then Treasurer and Secretary.
- Candidates will get three minutes for a speech. Immediately after the speech, the general body will ask the candidate three questions (same questions for all candidates of that position). The other candidates for that position will be outside of the room when they are not presenting/answering questions.
- A Pro-Con session will occur for each candidate after the question period. These sessions are private, so all candidates will be out of the room for those sessions.
- The winner of each election will be announced immediately after the election is concluded
- In the event that no candidate wins 50% of the vote, an immediate runoff will be conducted between the top two candidates.
- One representative from each society must be present at all times during the elections meeting. If we do not have a quorum if members, elections will be moved to the next BEC meeting.
- No president or treasurer for and BEC organization may serve concurrently as BEC president or treasurer, meaning you must resign from your previous position if you are in this situation and are elected.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out.
-Brandon Rosenthal, BEC President